Global Mapper Pro

planet data

rm77
rm77 Global Mapper User
edited October 2011 in Elevation Data
Dear all;;)
I need a help about how to load planet data on globalmapper (clutter, height and vector) for North Africa region:o.
Thanks in advance and I appreciate any help.:p

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2009
    You should just be able to load the MSI clutter and height data directly into Global Mapper using the File->Open Data File menu command.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • rm77
    rm77 Global Mapper User
    edited March 2009
    Thank a lot for your quick reply;
    I changed also the projection into UTM instead to lat/long and it work with height but it seems wrong with clutter because when I loaded it I can’t see the profile over clutter.
    Thanks in advance.
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2009
    The path profile display only works over gridded elevation data. The clutter data comes in as a raster image, so the path profile display won't work directly over it.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • rm77
    rm77 Global Mapper User
    edited March 2009
    thanks a lot;); and what about vector data should i load it and which extention i have to choose to open it:o.
    thanks in advance:).
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2009
    I'm not really familiar with the MSI Planet vector format. If you can provide a sample I can take a look and see if it could perhaps be loaded using the File->Open Generic ASCII Data File menu command.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • rm77
    rm77 Global Mapper User
    edited March 2009
    dear sir;
    any way i think the heightdata is enough for me and i'll try to send you a sample of vector data but first i want to thank you for your supprot.
    BR.
  • rohitbaluni
    rohitbaluni Global Mapper User
    edited October 2011
    Dear Mike,
    I need a help about how to export planet or asset format on global mapper (clutter, height and vector) .
    Thanks in advance and I appreciate any help.

BR//
    Rohit Baluni
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2011
    Rohit,

There is not direct support for exporting MSI Planet format files, although they are basically the same as the BIL export.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • dika.enine
    dika.enine Global Mapper User
    edited October 2011
    Dear Sir,

Hav a great day..
    Actually i'm new comers ini this forum, but i really need some assistance for some case same with question above.
    I have planet format map, and want to try to open it at global Mapper (i use Global Mapper 10 version).
    1. Clutter Map (in format *.grc)
    2. Height Map (in format *.grd)
    3. vector Map (in format Mapinfo Table File)

I hav tried to open the file from File --> Open Data File --> choose the file (for exp *.grc format)
    and then the Global Mapper asked to "Select Overlay Type", what kind of map type i need tobe choosed to open this file.
    I hav tried some map format, but there's no result at all.
    This case is same with 3 type of map i have above.

Need your assistance sir

Thanks a lot for your help
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2011
    Those sound like Vertical Mapper .grd and .grc files, not MSI Planet files. Support for loading that format wasn't added until the v11 release, so you would have to upgrade to load those.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com