More on Path Profiles

kentmankentman Global Mapper UserPosts: 149Trusted User
edited February 2009 in Suggestion Box
Mike,

First of all, thank you for adding the location info to the Path Profile dialogue - really cool!
I was wondering if it is possible to go a little further - would make it really useful for analysis?

Thoughts:
- show vertices position along line in main window - if line is a selected vector
- when moving cursor over vertices in PP window, highlight the vertices in the main window and show the same info as in PP window.

Kent

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited February 2009
    Kent,

Thanks for the suggestions, I may be able to do at least some of that. You might be interested to know that the latest build also allows you to define a sub-path within the path profile and get information about it. Just left click to start a sub-path and then left-click again to finish. A real-time readout of the sub-path info will be on the bottom of the path profile.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited February 2009
    Kent,

I have updated the path profile behavior to now show a real-time highlight of the location on the main map display as you move your cursor around. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • kentmankentman Global Mapper User Posts: 149Trusted User
    edited February 2009
    Mike,

Well. What can I say...no sooner asked for than done - absolutely fantastic :D

Kent