Global Mapper v25.0

the symbol clause doesn't work,Why?

taole
taole Global Mapper User
edited February 2009 in Technical Support
Hello,
I wrote a MIF file (with a mid file) and opened with the globalmapper, just want to draw a point on a preloaded map . I used the point clause in the MIF file :
"...
point XXX.XXXXXX YYY.YYYYYY
symbol(35,255,40)
..."

But it only show a common dot on the map , the "symbol " clause doesn't work , why ?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited February 2009
    Actually since the v10.02 release I have added support for decoding some basic symbols from MapInfo MIF/MID files. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • taole
    taole Global Mapper User
    edited February 2009
    I opened the MIF file with the version 10.02, It worked a lttle.
    the symbol clause in the MAPINFOFORMAT.PDF is :
    symbol (shape,color,size)
    shape argument is an integer value: from 31 to 67
    color is ...
    size argument is an integer from 1 to 48, representing a point size.
    when I opened my test MIF file in the version 10.01, it always showed small blue dot whether I change the value of "shape" or "size". And when I did what you have told me, it worked .I wrote "Symbol (34,65534,10)" , it showed a square , and when I changed the "size", the square size changed.
    Now the problem was : only "shape" is 34, it showed a square,the other "shape" value didn't work, it still showed a small blue dot.And also the "shape 34" should be a "circle" according to the MAPINFOFORMAT.PDF
    What should I do?
    Thank you for your help!
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2009
    Can you send me your .mif/.mid file so that I can take a look and hopefully add support for the symbols in it?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the file. I was able to get support added for the symbol type in the file as well as a couple of others. If you can send me the MAPINFOFORMAT.PDF file that you have I may be able to add even more.

I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com