Global Mapper v25.0

OpenStreetMap XML Support?

digitalaviator
digitalaviator Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited February 2009 in Suggestion Box
Just wondering if there could be support built in for the OpenStreetMap "OpenStreetMap XML Data" vector data format?

I've attached the XML file for a sample area...

Thanks Mike,

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited February 2009
    Global Mapper can already directly load those files using the File->Open Data File menu command. We plan to add export to the OSM XML format in a future release.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • digitalaviator
    digitalaviator Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited February 2009
    It does? I just tried to load it by drag and drop and it failed, I'll try the menu option ;)

(edit)

Hmm, okay i can see an openstreetmap OSM format but not an XML format... Looks like I can only export to XML from the website... Let me do more investigating...

(edit)

Ahh ok, they may have changed their format as the filenames are now "filename.osm.xml", I dropped the .xml tag off the end of the file name and she loaded in fine... Maybe adding support for opening *.osm.xml might be helpful in the open file dialogue setup ;)

Thanks Mike...
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited February 2009
    Dean,

The extension was the problem. I have added auto-recognition of .osm.xml files as well. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • digitalaviator
    digitalaviator Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited February 2009
    Thanks Mike, you're awesome...