Global Mapper v25.0

Blending modes add distortion/noise to imagery.

rogerh
rogerh Global Mapper User
edited February 2009 in Technical Support
Hello,

I am trying to color match high res imagery to low res imagery using the built in blending options in Global Mapper. However, when I enable the blending.. it looks great when zoomed out.. but close up it has added distortion to the higher resolution imagery.

What is the best way to color match to retain details of the imagery, but have the color matched?

I can provide a example if needed.

Thanks.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited February 2009
    Which blend mode are you using? I would suggest loading the lower resolution color stuff underneath with the hi-res on top, then set the blend mode of the hi-res image to 'Apply Color'.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • rogerh
    rogerh Global Mapper User
    edited February 2009
    I was using the apply color blend mode. I tried your method but I am still getting problems. I need the colors of the hires to match the low res..

Is there anyway to not have the lower res image "leak" onto the hires? It looks great and seamless from the distance.

I attached a example... left is no blending mode, right has apply color blend mode.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited February 2009
    The results aren't going to be perfect since the resolutions differ significantly, but you should be able to improve this by enabling interpolation for the low-res layer by opening the Control Center, selecting the layer, pressing Options, then checking the anti-alias box. This will smooth the pixels and get rid of the boxiness.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com