Clip lines and areas to selected object?

SyrettSyrett Global Mapper UserPosts: 30Trusted User
edited January 2009 in Vector Data
Suppose I've opened the outline of a topographic map, as well as shapefiles of features that extend beyond that outline. Is there a way to clip all of the data to the outline?

Charles Syrett

Comments

• PaulTocknellPaulTocknell Forum Administrator Posts: 307
    edited January 2009
    You can when you export. Just select your outline using the feature info tool and select File-Export. You can crop your shapefiles to the selected feature(s)

1-20-2009%209-42-50%20PM.png
  • spyballspyball Global Mapper User Posts: 2
    edited January 2009
    Hello, same probleme here, but in my case when I want to export a shapefile the crop to selected area feature is inactive. I do not know the reason for this issue. Is there a hidden setting somewhere? Thanks
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited January 2009
    The 'Crop to Selected Area Feature' option is only available for a handful of vector exports, but Shapefile should be one of them. What version of Global Mapper are you using?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • spyballspyball Global Mapper User Posts: 2
    edited January 2009
    I use the 9th version
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited January 2009
    Support for cropping Shapefiles to area features was not added until the v10.00 release. Note that even with the cropping line and area features will only be cropped to the bounding box of the selected area feature(s), although point features will be cropped to the actual area boundary.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com