Feather Outside Polygon

global_mapperglobal_mapper AdministratorPosts: 17,238
edited January 2009 in Suggestion Box
There was a post yesterday requesting the ability to feather outside of a polygon boundary. Due to technical issues this post and my response were lost.

In any case, I was able to add support for feathering outside of polygon bounds rather than inside to the Feathering tab of the Options dialog for a raster layer. I have placed a new build of Global Mapper 10 with the change at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip . Simply download that file and extract the contents over your existing v10.xx installation to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
Global Mapper Support
support@globalmapper.com

Comments

• fsdreamscapesfsdreamscapes Global Mapper User Posts: 34
    edited January 2009
    Hi Mike,

No worries I did download that version and when I ran it with the feather outside option it still feathered on the inside of the poly, I'm guessing something may have become unhooked from the checkbox ;-)

Also, one of the things I need to do is add a kind of crop to polygon + x pixels beyond it (even just 1 or two extra pixels) as when I try the crop to polygon use all in combination with the overlap=0.1 I do get overlap on my gridded files, but the edges of the polygon are a hard edge and what happens is I get this ever so flight 1/4 pixel gap in between each of my county renders...

I'll try and post a screenshot, is there something I'm missing where I can do a crop to polygon where it allows me to add an extra pixel or two outside the polygon? That would go a long way towards reducing an my renders in final file size rather than doubling up my data to fix those mini gaps...

Thanks Mike, you rock!

Dean.
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited January 2009
    Dean,

I took a look and discovered that there was indeed a problem with the checkbox not working properly. I have placed a new build of Global Mapper 10 with the change at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip . Simply download that file and extract the contents over your existing v10.xx installation to give it a try.

As for the extra pixel option, I think what you might need to do is just check the option at the bottom of the Advanced section of the General tab of the Configuration dialog to 'Export: Keep Pixel if any Part is in the Crop Area'. This will treat pixels as in a crop area if any part of it is in the crop area rather than just the center of the pixel. This will basically make sure that all of your crop area is completely covered by the output.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
    edited January 2009
    Thanks Mike, I'll test her out ASAP, yeah I kinda got the impression that's what I might need to do regarding that one pixel issue...
    edited January 2009
    Mike, thanks, works perfectly!!!