Global Mapper v25.0

height above ground viewshed

MartinKlee
MartinKlee Global Mapper User
edited January 2009 in Technical Support
Hello,

sorry for this maybe stupid question ... :/

but I'm unable to export the height of the view shed.

As an example:

I've load some srtm height maps, placed some view sheds and calculated the coverage... every thing works.

But now I'd like to know the height of the selected position for the view shed. (esp. 852m or something, without the tower hight)

I select export vectordata and CSV mark inclued elevation, but now the trouble beginns...

It only exports me the hight of the tower as elevation.

How could I solve this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2009
    Are you wanting to perhaps generate a new elevation layer with the view shed coverage as the bounds? To do this if you generated area shapes when creating the view shed, you can select all of those prior to export with the Digitizer Tool, then do one of the elevation format exports under the File->Export Raster and Elevation Data (like XYZ Grid if you want a text XYZ file, like a CSV) and on the Export Bounds tab select to crop to the selected area features.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • MartinKlee
    MartinKlee Global Mapper User
    edited January 2009
    no, I only would like to export the height from the tower position not from the coverage.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2009
    What you can do is select the tower point with the Digitizer Tool, then right click and select the option to edit it, then delete the TRANSMITTER_HEIGHT attribute, then do your export to CSV to get the elevations from the terrain. By default the exports will use any elevation already associated with a point, so the TRANSMITTER_HEIGHT value was being used as the elevation. By deleting that you remove all traces of an elevation/height value from the point and allow the underlying terrain to be used.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com