Different Configurations

mjmfgmmjmfgm Global Mapper UserPosts: 161Trusted User
edited January 2009 in Technical Support
Hi there,
How can I save different configurations for my projects ? Here is what I have a problem with: I have different data sets ( Sat, Landuse and so on). I need to be able to save different colors for label fonts and maybe styles for shape files.

When I change Configurations in one project (myproject.gmw) it changes everything in all my other projects. Is there not a way to save configurations associated with a project?

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited January 2009
    Configurations like features types default styles are saved in the registry and aren't tied to a particular project, nor is there an easy way to save those styles to a file to restore later (unless you want to export a .reg file using regedit). What you might do is create different sets of custom types to use with each desired type of data set, then you can maintain those styles independently.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mjmfgmmjmfgm Global Mapper User Posts: 161Trusted User
    edited January 2009
    How would I create custom type Data Sets ? And how would I then save and restore them at later time ? Is there an explaintion some where ? I would like to read about this so that I can use this, thanks Mike.
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited January 2009
    I meant for you to just create custom types on the Area Styles, Line Styles, and Point Styles tabs of the Configuration dialogs. You have some custom types that you use for Sat maps, others for Land Use maps, etc., then just set those up however you need to. So long as you have different types that you use for different data sets, you won't have to worry about changing a style and having it affect other maps in ways that you don't want since they'll each use completely different sets of types.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mjmfgmmjmfgm Global Mapper User Posts: 161Trusted User
    edited January 2009
    Ha, makes sense now, thanks Mike.