Global Mapper Pro

Remove single layer only

mjmfgm
mjmfgm Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited December 2008 in Vector Data
Somehow I cannot figure out how to remove only one layer from the Overley Control Center. Also how can I select all the layer with one click or uncheck all layer with one click from the Overlay Control Center ?

Thanks
Fred:)

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2008
    Fred,

To remove just a single layer just left click on the layer name to select it, then press the Close button.

While there isn't a one-click solution to select all layers, you can just use Shift+Left Click to click the top then the bottom layer to select them all.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Johnny
    Johnny Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2008
    While there isn't a one-click solution to select all layers...

Good idea! Could you add such a one click solution, e.g. Strg-A ??
  • global_mapper
    edited December 2008
    I have updated the Control Center to recognize Ctrl+A and automatically select all layers when that is pressed. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mjmfgm
    mjmfgm Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2008
    Cool thanks Mike, Mike is that the lates version of GM ?
  • global_mapper
    edited December 2008
    Yes, you'll need to have v10 installed, then apply the patch to get the new Ctrl+A selection support (plus all other changes since v10.01).

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mjmfgm
    edited December 2008
    Great thanks Mike, next year after the Holidays I wanted to ask you if you could maybe start on the implementation on the "Cut to Area" stuff. The export to selection by box function is hard to use and you cannot select odd shape areas. When one wanted to select and export you always have select such a real big area to get all the odd shapes. This makes the exported files very big in size and the overlapping areas is a wast of information to end users.
    I would be willing to pay for the upgrade for this major GM upgrade. Again maybe we can talk about this first part next year. Happy Holidays for you and your family Mike. :)
  • global_mapper
    edited December 2008
    Support for cropping vector features to area features to also doing things like merging area features is on the wish list for the v11 release next year, likely in August. It is a big enough feature that I would likely hold off doing it for the next major release, which should also include some kind of map layout tool.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mjmfgm
    edited December 2008
    Cool, can't wait Mike.
    Printing profextional maps with ledgend's and grids like Mapinfo or AllTopo 7 would be the killer. You could stomp the Market with that one as the ultimate Mapping tool.

Again Mike happy hollidays to you and your family.