Global Mapper v25.0

Creating Points from Polygon centroids

treeboy
treeboy Global Mapper User
edited December 2008 in Vector Data
Hey there! Well it's my first post and it seems pretty simple like I'm missing something but none the less...It's my intention to create point features from polygon centroids and to assign the name attribute to the resultant point feature. Checking the Global Mapper help it says: "You can also create new point features from the centroids of selected area features or from the vertices's of selected line and area features by selecting one or more areas or lines, then right-clicking and selecting the appropriate option under the Advanced Feature Creation Options menu". After selecting the desired polygons with the Digitizer Tool and right clicking I find no Advanced Feature Creation Options menu. The created point features and polygons are intended to be exported to Google Maps and the points are meant to be used as clickable marker symbols for identifying the polygons. If there is something I'm missing or a better way of doing this let me know. Thanks!

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2008
    What version of Global Mapper are you using? The option to create points from area centroids was not added until the v10.01 release, so if you are using an earlier release it will not be available.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • treeboy
    treeboy Global Mapper User
    edited December 2008
    That's it. Thanks! I am using 10.00.