something for the wish list

danprycedanpryce Global Mapper UserPosts: 9
edited May 2014 in Suggestion Box
We are using this awsome tool to create Surfer grd files and then convert them with an inhouse GRD2Iges converter. Then we use this surface in CATIA.

What would be great is if Global mapper could export directly to Iges format.

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited November 2008
    If you've already got an in-house convert to Iges format then it might be a simple matter for you to develop an export plugin for Global Mapper to add that format. See Global Mapper - Developers for details.

Otherwise, if you have a format specification and some sample Iges files I can see if it would be very difficult to add on our end.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • peymanpeyman Global Mapper User Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    Hello. i am trying to input my global mapper exports to the Catia. i have not could yet. can u help me for this? how can i convert to igs? i only know dxf to igs is possible but it doesnt work and catia give error. please help me if u can.
    Thanx
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited May 2014
    Do you know what grid formats that Catia supports? I'm not familiar with the software so I'm not sure what it can handle. You can export to numerous grid formats using the File->Export->Export Elevation Data menu command.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation