Global Mapper v25.0

Batch Convert Geotiff to KMZ

GNET
GNET Global Mapper User
edited November 2008 in Technical Support
Is it possible to use the batch convert utility to go from geotiff to kmz and still have the transparent background maintained. I have been doing the conversion manually with great success, but I'm not having any luck with the batch method. I have 500 geotiff's that need to be converted so it would be nice to have them done in batch. I also need the Visibility Range to be 8 pixels in size, but I don't see this option in the batch options.

I have been using the Transparency option in the Control Centre to set my tranparency color manually, but I'm not sure how to set this in batch.

Thanks,
Marc

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2008
    Marc,

The upcoming v10.01 release includes an option to set a single color transparent during batch conversion. I also went ahead and updated batch conversion to raster KML/KMZ files to use the last selected Visibility Range in the normal KMZ raster export. So to get 8 during a batch convert, start a normal export to KMZ with 8, then cancel at the filename selection stage, then go ahead and do the batch conversion.

I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • GNET
    GNET Global Mapper User
    edited November 2008
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick response and for the update. I gave it a test and it works great!!

There is one last thing I would like to ask. Our client would also like the KMZ files re-projected into Geographic Lat/Long WGS-84. I noticed that the Project option is disabled in batch mode when going from geotiff to kmz. Is it possible to have this option enbaled so that I can set the output projection?

Thanks,
    Marc
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2008
    Marc,

The KMZ format is specified to always use Geographic Lat/Long WGS84, so there is no point in choosing that projection. Global Mapper automatically converts all loaded data to that projection/datum when exporting a KML/KMZ file.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com