Global Mapper v24.0

Implementation of new Swedish reference system?

Simon
Simon Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited November 2008 in Projection Questions
Sweden is undergoing a transition to a new reference system (SWEREF99). Is there a possibility to include that reference system in GM10? What information/parameters are required for considering an implementation?
I have attached a PDF from a conference paper about the new reference system. Hope it will give you sufficient information.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2008
    The SWEREF99 datum is typically considered coincident with WGS84. However, I went ahead and added built-in support for that datum and all associated EPSG codes. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Simon
    Simon Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited November 2008
    That is true. It differs only by a few inches, I'm told. Thank you very much for your kind response. I'll download it and give it a try.
    The SWEREF99 datum is typically considered coincident with WGS84. However, I went ahead and added built-in support for that datum and all associated EPSG codes.