Locking map elements

geomanniegeomannie Global Mapper UserPosts: 194Trusted User
edited October 2008 in Suggestion Box
Hi

I often use maps made up of complex overlays from disparate sources. I often want to "pick up" a line or point using the feature tool but find that I cannot pick up the feature I want unless I switch off the other overlays first.

Would it be possible to have an option in the Overlay Control Centre to lock the unwanted overlays? That way I could click on the map with confidence knowing that only the overlays which I am interested in will be selected.

Thanks

Geomannie

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited October 2008
    You can right-click on selected layers in the Control Center and uncheck the option to enable selection from those layers to get the behavior that you want.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • geomanniegeomannie Global Mapper User Posts: 194Trusted User
    edited October 2008
    Hi Mike

I know that I can switch them off, but to do means I can't see them ( I can then get lost). At the moment I have to switch off the superfluous elements, select and modify the ones I need, and then turn the other elements back on. Its a cumbersome work flow.

It would be great if I could lock the elements that I know I will never need to modify (block and license boundaries, seismic line locations, river/lake areas etc.).

Could you incorporate this?

Thanks
  • geomanniegeomannie Global Mapper User Posts: 194Trusted User
    edited October 2008
    Hi Mike

Please ignore my previous post. I didn't read yours thoroughly. Your suggestion does exactly what I need.

Many thanks

Bob