Global Mapper v25.0

Feature Types

mjmfgm
mjmfgm Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited October 2008 in Technical Support
Hello there Mike,
Mike I would like to know when you add all the cGPSmapper point and other updated type to GM. I would like to use some of them and there are not listed in the Edit feature type window.

Also if all possible ( while you are updating ) it really would help if you could display the "Hex Code" as well, this would make this a whole lot easier to select and define a type.

Thanks Mike.
PS: Do I need to post this in a different forum or is this Okay here?
:)

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2008
    There is another post at http://www.globalmapperforum.com/forums/technical-support/2176-mp-format-type-hex-codes.html#post4099 which includes a list of all the built-in types and the associated MP type code.

For types that aren't built-in, simply go to the appropriate Styles tab of the Configuration dialog and add a new custom type, then add a MP_TYPE attribute to the default attribute list for that type with the hex code that you want to use for that type on export. You can also modify the default attribute list for built in types if you want to override the default MP_TYPE mapping for that type with your own.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mjmfgm
    mjmfgm Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited October 2008
    Thanks I have seen that, however you have types in there like Address label with no "hex Code" Also undefined or not specified also have no "hex code". What do i have to do there ?
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2008
    For those types if you want to assign a hex code, just select the type on the * Styles tab of the Configuration dialog, press the Attributes button, then add a MP_TYPE attribute with the hex code that you want to use for that type.
  • mjmfgm
    edited October 2008
    Okay thanks Mike, that will work.
    Got one more issue. When I complie the xxx.mp file cGpsmapper complains that I am missing the ProductCode=xxxx and the FID=xxxx.

In The how can I add the ProductCode=xxx FID=xxxx from within GM?
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2008
    To get stuff like that in your header you need to manually create a MP file header with the options that you want, then use that as a template file during your MP export in Global Mapper.
  • mjmfgm
    edited October 2008
    Okay thanks again Mike, have a great weekend. :)
  • iDragula
    iDragula Global Mapper User
    edited October 2008
    I read this article and have a lot of gains.____________________________________________________________________________________how to lose weight? can water help to loss weight? if they don't work, I will eat lortab weight loss, please help me and give me some best exercise to lose weight and la weight loss recipes.