Global Mapper v25.0

Scripting export to XYZ_GRID error

Julia Hayward
Julia Hayward Global Mapper User
edited September 2008 in Technical Support
Hi Support,

I'm trying to use v10 to script some exports to various formats - including XYZ_GRID. I'm running this script, which seems to be OK according to the documentation :

GLOBAL_MAPPER_SCRIPT VERSION="1.00"
UNLOAD_ALL

SET_LOG_FILE FILENAME="C:\GMBatch\Job_Scripts\test_XYZ.log"

DEFINE_PROJ PROJ_NAME="OSGB"
PROJCS["Transverse_Mercator",GEOGCS["Geographic Coordinate System",DATUM["OSGB_1936",SPHEROID["Airy",6377563.396,299.3249753150316]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433]],PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"],PARAMETER["scale_factor",0.9996012717],PARAMETER["central_meridian",-2],PARAMETER["latitude_of_origin",49],PARAMETER["false_easting",400000],PARAMETER["false_northing",-100000],UNIT["Meter",1]]
END_DEFINE_PROJ

DEFINE_SHAPE SHAPE_NAME="test_XYZ"
END_DEFINE_SHAPE

IMPORT FILENAME="C:\GMBatch\Master\NEXTDTM.gmc" TYPE=AUTO PROJ_NAME="OSGB"

EXPORT_ELEVATION FILENAME="C:\GMBatch\Output\NEXTMap DTM.XYZ" COORD_DELIM=COMMA TYPE=XYZ_GRID ELEV_UNITS=METERS SPATIAL_RES=5,5 GEN_WORLD_FILE=YES POLYGON_CROP_NAME="test_XYZ"

but what I get in the log is:

Importing file C:\GMBatch\Master\NEXTDTM.gmc...
ERROR: Unknown TYPE value <XYZ_GRID> in EXPORT_ELEVATION command.

The same thing happens with DXF_POINT and DXF_3DFACE, although it's fine with ERDAS and ARCASCIIGRID. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2008
    You're not doing anything wrong, it looks like there was a bug in v10 that prevented export to some formats. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with this fixed for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • LPlateAndy
    LPlateAndy Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2008
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick response as usual.

Tried running the exe and got the message:

The application failed to start because lti_dsdk_dll.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Andy
  • LPlateAndy
    edited September 2008
    Hi Mike,

Why do i do it?

Spotted my stupid error as soon as i posted the comment. I was trying to run outside of the app. folder.

Ignore me - it's been a long day!

Thanks

Andy
  • LPlateAndy
    edited September 2008
    Hi Mike,

My catalogues which work in the existing version of 10 wont open in the version you created today

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Andy
  • LPlateAndy
    edited September 2008
    Hi Mike,

Further testing has shown no catalogues (even generated with that new version) open.

Andy
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2008
    Andy,

Sorry about that, some debug code was in that build that disabled catalogs. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Julia Hayward
    Julia Hayward Global Mapper User
    edited September 2008
    That seems to have resolved it. Thanks!

Julia