Basic DWG question

Gemma_WindGemma_Wind Global Mapper UserPosts: 2
edited September 2008 in Technical Support
Hello,

Very basic question here...

I have an AutoCAD drawing with about 15 layers in it that I would like to import into GM. I have no problem bringing in the drawing but all layers come in as the same overlay. What I would really like to do is have each layer come in as its own overlay in GM so i can independently control each.

Is there a simple way to do this, or am I stuck manually creating 1 file per imported overlay.

On a similar topic, once I have a number of features in GM is there a way to change what layer a feature is on?

Thank you very much.

-c

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited September 2008
    For DXF files the easiest thing to do is to check the box in the Advanced section of the Configuration dialog to import each DXF layer as its own type. Then new custom area, line, and point types will be created for each DXF layer and you can easily turn those on and off with the filter settings on the Vector Display tab of the Configuration dialog.

With Global Mapper v10 you can move loaded features to a new layer in the Control Center by selecting the features with the Digitizer Tool, then right clicking and selecting the option to edit them, then changing the layer assigned to the features.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Gemma_WindGemma_Wind Global Mapper User Posts: 2
    edited September 2008
    Thank you very much for your help. I had forgotten about the filter option under configure.