Global Mapper v25.0

Export Vector data to KML

Erik Vriend
Erik Vriend Global Mapper User
edited September 2008 in Technical Support
I am exporting a SHP vector file to KML. One attribute (RELELEV) serves as Z value. In GlobalMapper 10 everything works fine.

When I try to do the same through the GlobalMapper script, I am not able to set the Opacity and Altitude Mode (reference). As a result, everything is flat in Google Earth.

Can we solve this ?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2008
    I have completed adding support for some new parameters to the EXPORT_VECTOR command to provide more control over KML export. Here are the new parameters:

KML_AREA_DISPLAY_ABOVE_TERRAIN (KML only) - specifies that area features with associated elevation value should be displayed at height above the terrain surface in Google Earth. Use KML_AREA_DISPLAY_ABOVE_TERRAIN=YES to enable.
    KML_AREA_ELEVS_RELATIVE (KML only) - specifies that the elevation values associated with 3D area features are relative to the terrain surface rather than relative to sea level. Use KML_AREA_ELEVS_RELATIVE=YES to enable.
    KML_AREA_EXTRUDE (KML only) - specifies that 3D area features displayed in Google Earth should be extruded from the surface to create volumetric objects like buildings. Use KML_AREA_EXTRUDE=YES to enable.
    KML_AREA_FAKE_HEIGHTS (KML only) - specifies that fake elevation values should be assigned to area features exported to ensure that the draw order remains correct in Google Earth. This may be necessary to keep overlapping area features drawing correctly. Use KML_AREA_FAKE_HEIGHTS=YES to enable.
    KML_AREA_TRANSLUCENCY (KML only) - specifies how see-through filled area features will be in the generated KML file. The values should range from 1 to 100 and represent a opacity percentage, with 100 being completely opaque and 1 being almost completely transparent. The default value is KML_AREA_TRANSLUCENCY=75.
    KML_LINE_DISPLAY_ABOVE_TERRAIN (KML only) - specifies that LINE features with associated elevation value should be displayed at height above the terrain surface in Google Earth. Use KML_LINE_DISPLAY_ABOVE_TERRAIN=YES to enable.
    KML_LINE_ELEVS_RELATIVE (KML only) - specifies that the elevation values associated with 3D line features are relative to the terrain surface rather than relative to sea level. Use KML_LINE_ELEVS_RELATIVE=YES to enable.

I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Erik Vriend
    Erik Vriend Global Mapper User
    edited September 2008
    I am impressed. This is lightspeed!