Global Mapper Pro

Beginner question

teddy
teddy Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited August 2008 in Technical Support
I have a shapefile that has states, counties and an international border. What i want to is save a jpg of every state, county and the international border?
How can I do this?
Thanks

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited August 2008
    There isn't really an easy way to do this. What you could do is open the DBF file accompanying your Shapefile in something like Excel and rename the name column (if any) to LAYER. You can then load your Shapefile into Global Mapper, then use the File->Export Vector->Export Shapefile menu command to export the data to a new area Shapefile. Make sure to check the box to split the export up by feature layer/description.

Once this is done you should have a separate file for each feature from the original SHP file. You could then write a small Global Mapper script file to loop over those new SHP files and export them to JPG files. Use the DIR_LOOP_START and DIR_LOOP_END commands to perform the looping operation, with IMPORT, EXPORT_RASTER, and UNLOAD_ALL commands inside the loop.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • teddy
    teddy Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited August 2008
    Ok Mike. I will try what you suggested. I have found script instructions from Global Mapper - Scripting Language Reference.
    Thanks.