Global Mapper Pro

Export CSV

mshum
mshum Global Mapper UserUnconfirmed
edited August 2008 in Technical Support
I am working with large text files representing points only. I import the text files into GM9.03 and edit the points. The text files have multiple attributes, some of which I display as I work with the points, and other attributes used for gridding, etc. When editing is done in the GM9.03 workspace, I need to export the points back to a txt file. If multiple attributes are selected for the label, the export to CSV tool doesn't work properly because it tries to populate the label field in the export with two fields. I realize this can be solved by removing the multiple attribute label definition, but I was wondering if there was a way to export a csv without the label field, or if there is another or better way to get the edited data out of GM9.03 while retaining all of the native attributes of the data.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited August 2008
    I have updated the CSV exporter in v9.03 to replace newlines between attribute values with a character escape sequence to keep everything on one line. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper9.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v9.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mshum
    mshum Global Mapper User Unconfirmed
    edited August 2008
    New build works perfectly - it puts the multi-part label in one field in the csv file. Perhaps in the future the GM csv export could offer a choice of exporting the label field or not. Thanks so much for your quick response and solution. This is by far the best supported and most useful mapping software available - anywhere!