Global Mapper Pro

error digital globe

Pascal
Pascal Global Mapper User
edited August 2008 in Technical Support
Hello Mike,
When I load a digital image globe through online data source "digital globe", I have the following error message.
Unknown error while rendering overlays, you should probably save and quit, Read access violation at address 0x0000000C data, program address 0x00652530.
Thank you
Pascal

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited August 2008
    Pascal,

What version/build date of Global Mapper are you using?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Pascal
    edited August 2008
    Mike,
    I use version 9 and I tested the 10.
    Thanks

Pascal
  • global_mapper
    edited August 2008
    Pascal,

This is strange. I have just tried this and it works fine for me no one else has reported any problems. Does the error happen as soon as you load the DigitalGlobe layer? Do you have any other data loaded? What area of the world are you trying to load the DigitalGlobe imagery for? Are you using a client ID for premium access or are you just trying to access the free watermarked imagery?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Pascal
    edited August 2008
    Mike,

Yes it is strange I have tried several regions of the world.
    With data and without data.
    Images are free images.
    It worked very well with my old machine, I use a new since 3 months.
    Thank you,

Pascal
  • global_mapper
    edited August 2008
    Pascal,

Can you try downloading the latest v10 build from http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip and extracting it over your v10 beta installation and see if that still breaks, and if so, let me know the exact error again? That way I can match up the failure address with a code location in Global Mapper and see what is happening.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Pascal
    edited August 2008
    Mike,

I have replaced the "global_mapper10.exe", the error messages is as follows:
    Unknown error while rendering overlays, you should probably save and quit, Read access violation at address 0x0000000C data, program address 0x0065E610.

Thanks,

Pascal
  • global_mapper
    edited August 2008
    Pascal,

Thanks for the report. That narrows it down a bit, although no problems are jumping out at me near where your problem is occurring. I have added some additional error reporting information to help narrow this down further. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Pascal
    edited August 2008
    Mike,

I have replaced the "global_mapper10.exe" (the second version), the error messages is as follows:
    Unknown error while rendering overlays, you should probably save and quit, Read access violation at address 0x0000000C data, program address 0x0065F6F0.
    I must click several times on the window to close

Thanks,

Pascal
  • global_mapper
    edited August 2008
    Pascal,

Hmmm, that is not what I was expecting. I think I'm doing so many builds each day it is hard to match up exactly the source code addresses. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10_pascal.zip that has some additional changes. Using that version I can be sure to have the appropriate map to line up the error address.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Pascal
    edited August 2008
    Mike,

the new message is 0x0065F710.

Thank,

Pascal
  • global_mapper
    edited August 2008
    Pascal,

Was the text before the error the same? I would have expected different text before the error with the address that you provided.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Pascal
    edited August 2008
    Mike,

I can not do the tests because my version is blocked, I passed the test period.
    I must go on holiday tomorrow, we will resume testing on my return in September.
    Or give me a version released for today and tomorrow, you will look in my absence.

Thanks,

Pascal
  • global_mapper
    edited August 2008
    Pascal,

Here is a temporary key to allow you to use the full functionality for the next couple of days:

RegName: DEMO_08132008
    RegCode: 1088381293

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Pascal
    edited August 2008
    Mike,

The message is: 0x0065F710

Thanks,

Pascal
  • global_mapper
    edited August 2008
    Pascal,

What is the text before the error? That is what I expect to be different.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Pascal
    edited August 2008
    Mike,

the text before the error is :Unexpected error downloading ImageBuilder data tile Read access violation at data address 0x0000000C, program address 0x0065F710

Thanks,

Pascal
  • global_mapper
    edited August 2008
    Pascal,

Thanks, that helps a lot. I have added more debug info so now your error should start with a last successful line number to really narrow it down for me. I have placed a new build of Global Mapper 10 with the change at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip . Simply download that file and extract the contents over your existing v10.xx installation to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Pascal
    edited August 2008
    Mike,

the error is now: Last OK line 801
    Unexpected error downloading ImageBuilder data tile Read access violation at data address 0x0000000C, program address 0x00660248.

Thanks

Pascal
  • global_mapper
    edited August 2008
    Pascal,

Thanks, I believe I have found the problem now and fixed it. I have placed a new build of Global Mapper 10 with the change at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip . Simply download that file and extract the contents over your existing v10.xx installation to give it a try.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Pascal
    edited August 2008
    Mike,

Thank you very much, it is OK.
    Is it possible to correct version 9 that I have now.

Thanks,

Pascal
  • global_mapper
    edited August 2008
    Pascal,

I have placed a new build of Global Mapper 9 with the change at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper9.zip . Simply download that file and extract the contents over your existing v9.xx installation to give it a try.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Pascal
    edited August 2008
    Mike,
    V9 is OK.
    Thanks,

Pascal