Global Mapper Pro

Search Fields & Grid Labels

Roger Edrinn
Roger Edrinn Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited November 2007 in Technical Support
This is a two part?

If you look at this screenshot, it shows the modified grid font/size/color. Some grid lines are changed, others not. Would appear to be a minor/major grid issue, except I'm at a loss as to how GM9 is picking minor/major lines. I'll bet you know.

At the bottom of the screenshot is a search window. Data fields from the .dbf file are arranged here, any others? Can I control the
1) data field order in some way?
2) width of the data columns?

Like modifying in Excel before opening in GM9?

Thanks

BTW, the screenshot was much bigger before I attached it and it converted my GIF to a JPG.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2007
    The major grid lines are usually something like every 10 grid lines, with minor grid lines every 5, and the rest just being of the base grid line type. The actually numbered spacing may very for lat/lon grids so you'll get like even degree lines being major lines, etc. Just change the style for all 3 grid line types and you'll be set.

Currently the data field order is always alphabetical (after the initial name and type fields). There is not any way to change this by modifying the input file. The width of the fields can be changed by dragging the columns to be wider on the search results dialog.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Roger Edrinn
    Roger Edrinn Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited November 2007
    The width of the fields can be changed by dragging the columns to be wider on the search results dialog.
    Unfortunately the width is not persistent. As soon a the Search Window is closed, all the widths reset to their nominal values. I was looking for a set it and forget it.

Thanks
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2007
    There is not currently any way to set a persistent width for a particular search column.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com