Global Mapper v25.0

print to scale problem

sergey
sergey Global Mapper User
edited November 2007 in Technical Support
Dear Members,

I need to print a map at a 1:250000 or even 1:100000 scale. The boundaries of area of interest are beyond the screen at this resolution. Can I still have a print at the required scale, which will contain the whole area, and not only a part that I can see on screen?

I would appreciate if someone can help me out with this problem. Thank you in advance for a possible advise.

Sergey

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2007
    Whenever you print to scale you should get a printout centered on the current screen center, but with whatever data rendered as necessary to get the printout to that scale. It does not matter if all of the data needed is on the screen or not, the printout will automatically draw the necessary loaded data to get that print scale.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • sergey
    edited November 2007
    Thank you Mike for your reply. Correct me if I do something in a wrong way.
    I need to generate a postscript of the print. First, in the print preview menu I check print to scale 1: 250000 for example, and generate a tif preview. Then a print menu pops up and I select my printer and save my print to a prn (ps) file. When I open the tif preview I see exactly the same image as that that fits on screen. What am I missing here?

Thanks again,

Sergey
  • global_mapper
    edited November 2007
    What version of Global Mapper are you using? It sounds like somehow the "print to scale" selection is being lost between your print preview and the actual printout. Try skipping the preview and going directly to the print and see if that works for you.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • sergey
    edited November 2007
    if i remember correctly (I can not check it now), it's 8.02.
    I'll try your tip tomorrow.

By the way, not relayted to the printing problem, but anyway needs to be done. Can I generated coverages in the view shed tool save to a ESRI shapefile? I have not worked with that format before, so my question may sound a little silly.

Thanks,

Sergey
  • global_mapper
    edited November 2007
    With the v9.00 release of Global Mapper you can optionally generate a vector area coverage from the view shed tool that you can then export to a Shapefile. This option is not available prior to v9.00, so you would need to upgrade to get that feature.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • sergey
    edited November 2007
    Thanks for your help, Mike. Everything is clear for the time being.

Sergey