3D viewer video-guides
I frequently use the 3D viewer to generate a video / image sequence for visualisation. But I encounter a few challenges:
- the 3D viewer view is wider than the generated 16 by 9 video and images (these are cropped in). So I have to zoom out more. But it is very difficult to get this right. So I can only see the sesults after I have the video - then I have to manually adjust the view points in the flight line; It would be handy to have an overlay of the view that will be in the video (guides)
- To adjust the flight line: is there an easy way to just adjust one parameter sequence - pe height without re-setting all parameters. So adjust all heights in the flightline from 200 meters to 225 in one go and not reset the directions. (now I have to do them one by one)
- resuse the flightline on an other location: I use the raw LiDar point source - as a way to generate a drone like fight - I can color the points with anything I like - very convenient (like a map or an updated areal photo for point colouring): would it be possible to move a generated standard flight line to another location? (so keep the flightline statistisc like heigt and direction but just move it to another location to generate the flight-video?
regarding point 1:
MIKE I think there is a bug in the field of view settings in the environment settings of the 3D view properties.
Maybe there is a hidden setting or a settings over-ride or something in the properties that are used when generating a video / image sequence.
Would be great if what you see in the viewer (and adjust using settings height angle etc) is what you get as a result in generated video and image sequence.
To add on to sjf's #2 point, I'd also love to see some improvements to the video rendering and setting up the flight paths. Pix4d has a great process for this that lets you define a bunch of views by storing your current view, then letting you adjust the parameters for each waypoint after. It'd be great to have something similiar in global mapper.
I also think there is a bug in the 3D viewer when rendering a flightpath. The field of view is different. See my other post.
- 12.5K All Categories
- 5.5K Features Discussion
- 314 Downloading Imagery
- 1.3K Elevation Data
- 377 Georeferencing Imagery Discussion
- 611 GM Script Language
- 50 User Scripts
- 112 GPS Features
- 397 Projection Questions
- 803 Raster Data
- 1.3K Vector Data
- 6.5K Support
- 161 Announcement and News
- 893 Bug Report
- 557 SDK
- 1.2K Suggestion Box
- 3.7K Technical Support
- 542 Other Discussion
- 128 GIS Data Sources
- 26 Global Mapper Showcase
- 229 How I use Global Mapper
- 104 Global Mapper Forum Website