Global Mapper v25.0

spatial operations question

JSL
JSL Global Mapper UserTrusted User

I have a bunch of layers of polygons that I'd like to combine based on a particular attribute. There's no scripting for just plain combining areas, so I was wondering if I could use a wildcard like "*" in a DEFINE_SPATIAL_OPERATION script for the "layer1" part of DISSOLVE("layer1",grouping:grouping) command?

Answers

• JeffH@BMG
    JeffH@BMG Global Mapper Developer Trusted User

Hi JSL,

As far as I can recall, there's no option to wildcard arguments to spatial operation script operations like 'dissolve', 'union', etc. I'm not working at Blue Marble any more, so I don't have access to the source code and therefore can't speak definitively, but I'm pretty sure that this recollection is correct. Anyways, The Dissolve operation takes a single layer operand; see the documentation on spatial operations transforms in the spatial operations scripting reference here: https://www.bluemarblegeo.com/knowledgebase/global-mapper-24-1/Spatial_Operations_Scripting.htm?Highlight=dissolve#Transfor

Simple way to check stuff like this out: Open up the Spatial Operations dialog in GM, and go to the scripting tab. You can then just type in spatial operations scripting commands, the same as are used in DEFINE_SPATIAL_OPERATION commands. If the syntax is incorrect, then the dialog will tell you what it thinks is wrong.

Cheers,

~Jeff

• JSL
    JSL Global Mapper User Trusted User

Thanks for your help!