Understanding basis of GM Projects vs Data Layers within
I am having a hard time wrapping my head around how GM handles data files. I just went through the workflow below and would appreciate any comments.
- I created a catalog of many LAS and LAZ files
- Created a new rectangle to isolate my area of interest and exported the point cloud data within that rectangle to a new LAZ file.
- Opened my new LAZ file and used SHIFT to drop the entire cloud by 15cm
- I rename the layer in GM so that it includes "Shifted". But when I look at the metadata for this layer, I see that it still mentions the LAZ file I created.
- I export the data to a new LAZ file (scandata-shifted.laz), but the metadata still mentions the first file.
The system feels like it is misleading me. I would have at least expected the metadata to reflect that the file was shifted. Better yet would be some kind of "flag" on every layer that has been modified since imported.
- 12.4K All Categories
- 5.4K Features Discussion
- 314 Downloading Imagery
- 1.3K Elevation Data
- 377 Georeferencing Imagery Discussion
- 603 GM Script Language
- 49 User Scripts
- 112 GPS Features
- 394 Projection Questions
- 800 Raster Data
- 1.3K Vector Data
- 6.5K Support
- 161 Announcement and News
- 890 Bug Report
- 556 SDK
- 1.2K Suggestion Box
- 3.7K Technical Support
- 537 Other Discussion
- 128 GIS Data Sources
- 26 Global Mapper Showcase
- 224 How I use Global Mapper
- 104 Global Mapper Forum Website