Global Mapper Pro

Crating a colour Geotif and scale

NEV
NEV Global Mapper UserTrusted User

I have a 7Gb ERDAS Tif that displays only as monocolour and without a graded legend. The image below shows my display in GM22.1 above an example of the desired colour resultand legend clipped from a publication. Do I just keep experimenting with the colour grade - or is something missisng in the data? Or is there another way.

Thanks

Nev

Best Answer

• NEV
    NEV Global Mapper User
    Accepted Answer

I have (with some help) worked it out. Load the data as Elevation rather than Raster/image. Then colour with HSV Shader and tweak to get correct scale values Blue=low Red=High and it displays in the elevation legend.

Nev

Answers

• If you know the range of raster heights, set the color scale in this range. If I understood you correctly.

• NEV
    NEV Global Mapper User Trusted User

Hi tikhpetr,

Thanks for the comment. I don't know what you refer to as "raster heights are"? An example of an output by fiddling with the colour range is below. I still cannot display a legend as the only options are for vector values.

Thanks

Nev

• NEV
    NEV Global Mapper User Trusted User

The advice from the image supplier (Geoscience Australia) is:

"It’s a single band image – can’t you just add a look-up table colour stretch on the image? The dataset is in 32bit float and the dynamic range is between 0-6; the average value ~3.8".

Sounds easy. But how do I do so in Global Mapper 22.1? (step-by-step please?).

Nev

• geomannie
    geomannie Global Mapper User Trusted User

If you can provide a link to the data/source, I can see if I can help.

Cheers