Global Mapper Pro

How to Turn Off "Find Local Peaks and Depressions"

Hi GM'ers,

Much as I love GM there are a few things in there that irk me. One of them is that in some of the menu dialogue/tick boxes it seems to "remember" preferences from an earlier session rather than from just a few minutes ago in the current session.

One example is the "Find Local Peaks and Depressions" on the Contour Generation menu which, try as I might, will not stay turned off! I've tried turning it off (unchecking the selection box) in multiple workspaces and multiple sessions and still it persists. Its as if it has become a default setting since I turned it on recently for the first time, having never used it before. Other that a global "Restore Default Settings" I don't know what to do!

Any ideas? Anybody?

Cheers,

/al

Best Answers

• CarrickCon
    Accepted Answer

HI Bob,

I just downloaded V23 and problem seems to have fixed itself i.e. the box stays unchecked! Bizarre!

Cheers,

/al

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Accepted Answer

Hello,

I see the same behavior you are seeing in Global Mapper 22.1. If you are comfortable editing the registry, you can change the value of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Global Mapper\Contour_FindPeaks to 0, and that will change the default value for the "Find Local Peaks and Depressions" check box.

It looks like the problem was fixed in Global Mapper 23.0.

Cheers,

Bob

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer

Hello,

Using the latest daily build (Global Mapper v23.0.1 (b100421) (635) [64-bit]- REGISTERED), I find that the checked state of the "Find Local Peaks and Depressions" is saved as expected between Global Mapper sessions, and between uses of the Contour Generation function. Are you using an earlier version?

Cheers,

Bob

• Hi Bob,

Yes I'm using V22.1 and the problem is that I only just checked the "Find Local Peaks and Depressions" box recently for first time and now it has now become a default and remains checked even after un-checking, saving workspace, exiting and re-starting.

I'd like to not have to uncheck it every time I run some contours...

Cheers,

/al