Global Mapper Pro

Can someone share the GeoTalks Express "Scripting Data.zip" from the GM scripting webinar?

Hello, I just watched the following webinar on YouTube:  An introduction to scripting in Global Mapper - YouTube In the beginning of the recording there is a scripting example zip file distributed to attendees. I am a long time Global Mapper user but just now trying to get into scripting and would love to use these example scripts to practice and follow along. If anyone has this zip file would you be able to share with me?

Thanks, Mike 

Best Answer

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Accepted Answer
    Hello Mike,

I am glad you enjoyed the webinar. You can download the data here

Cheers,
    Bob

Answers

• Thanks Bob! Much appreciated
  • kbellis
    kbellis Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Hello Bob,
    Thank you very much for the file
    but after downloading it twice, it isn't  opening.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kelly

• kbellis
    Hello Bob,

Thank you for the working link, but that archive appears to be entirely from 2014, and not the same that Mackenzie Mills and Billy Noble were using during their September 2020 GeoTalks presentation; e.g., :

If you have time, it would be really great to include in that GM_Scripting_Data.zip more scripting examples with complexities, loops, layer loops, variable loops through tables, just as an example. Also, scripts examples that use the newer set of commands while illustrating their deprecated ancestors.

It would also be very much appreciated if that updated scripting data archive could include an updated list of all keywords related to syntax highlighting that myself and others prefer to use when writing scripts and that is discussed further  in this thread on Syntax Highlighting. Syntax highlighting helps to catch common omissions and typos, plus it generally helps in reading through a script.

Thank you for your great help and advice Bob.

Kind regards,

Kelly
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello Kelly,

Here is a link to the data and scripts from the September 2020 presentation. With regard to your request for more advanced script examples and the list of commands and parameters for syntax highlighting, I will pass it along to the folks in charge of that. Thank you.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • kbellis
    Thank you Bob! Very much appreciated!!