Global Mapper v25.0

Accessing "Zoom to View in Google Earth"

NEV
NEV Global Mapper UserTrusted User
When selecting "Zoom to View in Google Earth", even for a small area I experience a seemingly endless cycle of Firefox clips sending to User Apps. that can only be stopped by (repeatedly) going to to Task Manager. No image results. Suggestions please? Using V22.1 + LiDAR module 64 bit.

Comments

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

Do you have Google Earth Pro installed on your computer? I just tried it with Global Mapper 22.1 and it seems to be working fine.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • NEV
    NEV Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Hi Bob,
    Yes using G Earth Pro. Still the problem though. The only fix was to Taskmaster out of Firefox repeatedly. Must be an idiosyncrasy of my system settings somehow.

Cheers
    Neville
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hi Neville,

It's hard to see why Firefox would be involved. Global Mapper uses the published Google Earth API. Is this something that worked in an earlier version? Are you including selected features?

Cheers,
    Bob
  • NEV
    NEV Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Hi Bob,
    This is the first version I have tried the Zoom to Google Earth tab. I mention Firefox as Firefox tab apperas in Task Manager (even though not open elsewhere on my system). Closing Firefox on Task Manager (or closing down G Mapper) is the only way to interrupt the endless /C:/Users/Neville loading attempts.
    I am using Dongle G Mapper - when I finish my current session I will transfer to my Laptop computer and see what happens there.
    Cheers
    Neville