Very long time to move a layer

NEVNEV Global Mapper UserPosts: 50Trusted User
Using V22.1+LiDAR module, it is taking up to a minute to move the position of a layer. Makes no diference if all other layers are turned off or if the movement is up or down. Is there a setting or method to speed this up?

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,268
    Hello,

What kind of data are you moving? How big is the data set? What is the workflow you are using?

Cheers,
    Bob
  • NEVNEV Global Mapper User Posts: 50Trusted User
    Hi Bob,
    Using large (Gb+) and mixed data sets including LiDAR and orthophotography with smaller vectors. But I don't move the big layers - I turn them off and move the small vector e.g. geological units layers...but still very slow.
    Regards
    Neville 
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,268
    Hello Neville,

What happens if you load the small vector layer by itself and try to move it? Are you using the "SHIFT - Shift Selected Layer(s) a Fixed Distance or Transform Coordinates..." from the context menu that pops up when you right-click on a layer in the Control Center, or one of the Digitizer shift commands?

Cheers,
    Bob
    Hi Bob,
    Sorry, I did not mak it clear in my question: it is the Layer Order I am moving in the Control Centre - not moving the layer poition on the map.
    Cheers
    Neville.
    Hi Bob,
    Solved the problem by installing a new graphics card with memory. Also makes the LiDAR module speedy.
    Neville