Projection file read error

I have been using GM 22 with Enable GeoCalc Projection Mode. I am setting the coordinate system EPSG 28404
(GK Z4 Pulkovo 1942). After that I save the projection file as .prj. I close the program, open it again and trying to install the system I want by downloading the file .prj. I get a file error message.
Please tell me what my mistake is.

Comments

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,255
    Hello,

That error message suggests that the file is not actually a PRJ file. Can you post the file that was created? (You may need to put it in a zip archive to attach it to a post.)

Cheers,
    Bob
  • tikhpetrtikhpetr Posts: 66
    Here is the archive with the projection file.
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,255
    Hello,

We have opened bug number GM-12098 for our team to take a look at this problem. Any fixes will be reflected in a future daily build of Global Mapper 22.1, the most current version of the software.

The current workaround I can suggest is to place the PRJ file in a folder directory that does not have Russian characters. Also, if you can use GM in non-GeoCalc mode, the file will load directly.

If you have any questions about the status of the issue, please contact Blue Marble Support directly via email (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com).

Cheers,
    Bob