Unknown parameter for LIDAR_EXTRACT

Hi! I'm trying to write a script for LiDAR extraction, but I keep getting an unknown parameter warning. As far as I'm aware, I'm following the documentation, so I'm not sure why it would not work. Here's my script:

GLOBAL_MAPPER_SCRIPT VERSION=1.00 GM_VERSION="22.0.0"
UNLOAD_ALL
//Loop of commands in point cloud folderDIR_LOOP_START FILENAME_MASKS="*.las" RECURSE_DIR="NO" 
//Import only class sixIMPORT FILENAME="%FNAME_W_DIR%" TYPE="LIDAR_LAS" LIDAR_FILTER="NONE,6" 
//Extract building footprint LIDAR_EXTRACT FILENAME="%FNAME_W_DIR%" GRID_BIN_SIZE="1" TYPE=BUILDING \ LIDAR_SIMPLIFICATION_EPSILON=1 LIDAR_MAX_DISTANCE_TO_PLANE=1 LIDAR_MIN_POINTS_IN_PLANE=10 \ LIDAR_MIN_FOOTPRINT_AREA_SQM=0
//Unload las dataUNLOAD_LAYER FILENAME="%FNAME_W_DIR%"
//end loopDIR_LOOP_END
//Export buildings into singular shapefileEXPORT_VECTOR FILENAME="Grouped_Extraction.shp" GEN_PRJ_FILE="YES" TYPE="SHAPEFILE" \ SHAPE_TYPE="AREAS"
UNLOAD_ALL

In the log, none of the lidar parameters work, giving me this error:
WARNING: Unknown parameter <LIDAR_SIMPLIFICATION_EPSILON> ignored for LIDAR_EXTRACT command.
WARNING: Unknown parameter <LIDAR_MAX_DISTANCE_TO_PLANE> ignored for LIDAR_EXTRACT command.
WARNING: Unknown parameter <LIDAR_MIN_POINTS_IN_PLANE> ignored for LIDAR_EXTRACT command.
WARNING: Unknown parameter <LIDAR_MIN_FOOTPRINT_AREA_SQM> ignored for LIDAR_EXTRACT command.

I've tried using different directories, adding script version, GM version, putting the parameters on the same line as the command, but nothing so far has worked.

Best Answer

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,216
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

It appears that you need to specify either CREATE_BUILDING_MESH=YES or LIDAR_CREATE_FOOTPRINTS=YES (or both) to get output for building extraction. I will see about getting the documentation updated to reflect this.

Cheers,
    Bob
    bbadland

Answers

• bbadlandbbadland Posts: 3
    No idea why the formatting of the code got messed up. Here it is again:

GLOBAL_MAPPER_SCRIPT VERSION=1.00 GM_VERSION="22.0.0"

UNLOAD_ALL

DIR_LOOP_START FILENAME_MASKS="*.las" RECURSE_DIR="NO" 

IMPORT FILENAME="%FNAME_W_DIR%" TYPE="LIDAR_LAS" LIDAR_FILTER="NONE,6" 

LIDAR_EXTRACT FILENAME="%FNAME_W_DIR%" GRID_BIN_SIZE="1" TYPE=BUILDING \ 
    LIDAR_SIMPLIFICATION_EPSILON=1 LIDAR_MAX_DISTANCE_TO_PLANE=1 \ LIDAR_MIN_POINTS_IN_PLANE=10 LIDAR_MIN_FOOTPRINT_AREA_SQM=0

UNLOAD_LAYER FILENAME="%FNAME_W_DIR%"

DIR_LOOP_END

EXPORT_VECTOR FILENAME="Grouped_Extraction.shp" GEN_PRJ_FILE="YES" TYPE="SHAPEFILE" \ SHAPE_TYPE="AREAS"

UNLOAD_ALL
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,216
    Hello,

It looks like you are using Global Mapper 22.0.0. The parameters flagged as missing are new, and were added to the 22.0.1 release. Please download the latest release of Global Mapper to resolve this issue.

Cheers,
    Bob
    bbadland
  • bbadlandbbadland Posts: 3
    bmg_bob said:
    Hello,

It looks like you are using Global Mapper 22.0.0. The parameters flagged as missing are new, and were added to the 22.0.1 release. Please download the latest release of Global Mapper to resolve this issue.

Cheers,
    Bob
    Thanks for the quick reply! Upon updating to GlobalMapper 22.0.2, the script now outputs these two errors:

Extracting Features from Lidar point cloud...
    Extracting BUILDING Features [3,153,335 possible points]...
    WARNING: Output type(s) for Building Extraction must be specified before processing
    ERROR: Unable to automatically extract features.

This happens when the script gets to the LiDAR_EXTRACT command. Bit confused by what it means about output type, I can't find in the LiDAR_EXTRACT documentation this could be referring to.