Is EXPORT_ELEVATION as Unity RAW Terrain/Texture available in scripting?

veddycentveddycent Global Mapper UserPosts: 66
Hi all,

Hopefully this is a nice quick question :)

Is Unity RAW Terrain/Texture available in scripting when using EXPORT_ELEVATION?
I've had a look at the documentation but I couldn't find any mention of it in the available formats:
https://www.bluemarblegeo.com/knowledgebase/global-mapper-22/cmd/EXPORT_ELEVATION.htm?Highlight=EXPORT_ELEVATION

I'm using GM Version 20.1

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,188
    Hello,

Try TYPE=UNITY on the EXPORT_ELEVATION command.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • veddycentveddycent Global Mapper User Posts: 66
    HI Bob,

Unfortunately the type UNITY is unsupported:
    ERROR: Unsupported TYPE for EXPORT_ELEVATION command.

I really need to export 603 tiles urgently as the client (as usual) doesn't understand how long it takes to put a 3D model together so has a ridiculous deadline :s

What should my next step be?

Kind Regards
    Ved
    Let me rephrase the previous post:

Is there an alternative format I can use to export the data as RAW heightmaps which can be used in scripts? I have tried the raw format but the result is not the same as the Unity format.

I only need the .raw files to simply the matter.

Any advice/guidance would be much appreciated!
    Ved
    Hopefully this will be useful for others who come 

In case anyone is trying to go from GM to Unity and is exporting terrains using a script, the solution is to export as GeoTIFF then use this (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/terrain/terrain-importer-21223) excellent asset to import the GeoTIFF into unity.

NOTE: you need to flip the X and Y when importing GeoTIFF into Unity, luckily the asset gives you the ability to do so.

Regards