OK on V12, but On V21, If I load asc with option elevation as Feet, it comes in as meters

Just found why I was going crazy using V21.1 vs old V17.  Loading .asc files GM asks for confirmation of metrics.  Choosing Feet instead of default Meter results in a good load set.  BUT, using V21, the load ignores the Feet selection for elevation units and loads values as meters.  If I try to correct after loading using control center, the panel suggest I am already in Feet (but I am not). If I change it back to Meters in the panel, the displayed map disappears.
Tagged:

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,188
    Hello,

That problem sounds familiar, and I think it has been fixed since version 21.1 was released. To be sure, I suggest that you contact Blue Marble Support directly via email (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com). Please provide a detailed description of your workflow, and a .asc file that will illustrate the problem. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • CintosCintos Posts: 2
    Drats. Guess I'll just do that work in V17.  I don't have the $$$ on my retirement income to upgrade to V22 and get support. If anyone has another workaround, I'd love to hear it.