List of points between A and B

Hello everybody and thanks in advance for any kind of support. Feel free to redirect me to the relevant post if this questions has already been asked before.

Suppose I have two points on GM, A and B, each with their own geographical coordinates.
I need GM to automatically generate a list of points, spaced n meters apart, on the segment which connects A to B. The list should also have lat and lon as attributes for each point.
Example: A and B are 100 meters apart. I want one point listed every meter on the way from A to B. In this case I will get a list containing 99 points, each one with its own coordinates.
Is there a way to get this list other than using the SDK?

Thank you!

Federico

Best Answer

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,188
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

Here is a way to do what you are looking for.
    1. In the Digitizer, Select your points A and B
    2. Right-click and choose Create Line Features | Create Line Feature from Selected Points
    3. Select the line you created
    4. Right-click and choose Advanced Feature Creation Options | Create Point Features Spaced Along Selected Feature(s)
    5. In the dialog that pops up, you can create point features evenly spaced along the line at the distance of your choosing. Click OK.
    6. Select the points you just created.
    7. Right-click and choose Attribute/Style Functions | Add Coordinate/Bounds Attributes to Selected Features
    Cheers,
    Bob

Answers

• Thank you Bob, that really did the trick!
    One more question: how about measuring the distance between line A-B and B-C every n meters?
  • Between line A-B and C-D, sorry.