Color Area Styles for different features

I want to color area features based on multiple attributes and I can't seem to get it to work. As an example, I have 1000 polygons and each polygon has 3 attributes (A, B, C). Each polygon has different values for each attribute.

What I want to do is color any polygon that has a 1 in the "A" attribute red and any polygon that has a 1 in the "B" attribute Green and color any polygon that has a 1 in the "C" column black. 

It seems you can only add 1 attribute in the area styles and add different colors for different values of that single attribute. 

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,146
    Hello,

You can use the Attribute Calculator (Layer | Calculate/Copy Attribute Values...) to create a new attribute based on an expression such as:
    if(A='1','RED', if(B='1','GREEN', if(C='1','BLACK", '')))
    then use the new attribute to color the features.

Cheers,
    Bob

• iaeroboticsiaerobotics Posts: 8
    Thanks for the response. I should have clarified a little more. 

I am doing inspection / annotation work so I need it to be an active coloring. 

As I move through a project and edit values for shapes I need them to change color so o know what feature I just edited. It would not work to have to go and calculate after each edit. It is nice the way it is set now and as soon as I change a value, it colors it on the fly. 

Would be nice if the listing of values also could have different attributes.