Attribute Dictionary ???

Eric123Eric123 Posts: 22
edited February 28 in GIS Data Sources
Is there such a thing as an attribute dictionary available? I know there is something like AOO for orientation and then what is cdb-z different from the elevation?

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,114
    Hello,

Are you looking for a dictionary related to a particular data source? Or are you looking for a list of standard attribute names recognized by Global Mapper?

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Eric123Eric123 Posts: 22
    CDB attribute naming.
  • JeffH@BMGJeffH@BMG Global Mapper Developer Posts: 331Trusted User
    Hi Eric,

Is this in reference to the Open Geospatial Consortium's Common Database specification? As far as I know, we don't support OGC CDB attribute names, but if you can point us to a specification and/or state what you want more clearly, we may be able to help you. 

Best,

~Jeff
  • Eric123Eric123 Posts: 22
    I'm unsure if this is what you mean. http://www.ogc.org/standards/cdb. I just thought you guys may know. I'm am very new this, so I don't really understand it either. So far I only know that the attributes listed in each point features tell the 'viewer' how that features look like.

I was hoping if there is an attribute that allow me to control the points to not overlap each other when scattering the points from an area or add a random orientation attribute into the feature points where I will use in another software to display my 3D models.