"Shift" the projection

sant0ssant0s Global Mapper UserPosts: 22Trusted User
Hello,

how can I shift the projection, that for example instead of Africa is in the middle, parts of Asia are in the middle?
That should of course than affect every other layer, too.

Thanks alot! :)

Answers

• Ice Age MarkIce Age Mark Global Mapper User Posts: 318Trusted User
    Try changing to Orthographic projection on the Projection tab, with the central meridian and origin latitude being the Lat/Long you want your view centered on.  
  • sant0ssant0s Global Mapper User Posts: 22Trusted User
    Hey @ Ice Age Mark,
    I already tried these values before . and it didnt work.

I need Mercator or Geographical Projetion, to Orto is not working really :)

Just to make sure I ask the right question, I would like to have that:

• Ice Age MarkIce Age Mark Global Mapper User Posts: 318Trusted User
    I loaded a world map in Mercator Projection, and then changed the Central Meridian and Origin Latitude on the Projection Tab to about where your image shows, and it looked about like yours. (70E;35N)  Is that not working for you?  (Geographic Projection doesn't have the Origin Latitude option, but Mercator does.) 
  • sant0ssant0s Global Mapper User Posts: 22Trusted User
    I loaded a world map in Mercator Projection, and then changed the Central Meridian and Origin Latitude on the Projection Tab to about where your image shows, and it looked about like yours. (70E;35N)  Is that not working for you?  (Geographic Projection doesn't have the Origin Latitude option, but Mercator does.) 

Hey Ice Age Mark,
    sry for not answering yet...

With Mercator it works perfectly, thank you.

Problem is, when I wrap the projection around a sphere, its totally distorted.
    Is there a way to convert that or get another projection, that would work like the Geographic Projection but still shifted on Merdian?

Thx for your help!
    sant0s