Applying online terrain data

Hello !!
i am new to scripting but what i did is by scripting i can import .kmz file and also changed its projection but next step is to apply an online SRTM data to it . i do it manually but now i have to automate it by scripting.
Can anybody help me importing SRTM elevation data and apply to my file. My scripting for now is :

GLOBAL_MAPPER_SCRIPT VERSION="1.00"

DEFINE_PROJ PROJ_NAME="UTM_ZONE30_WGS84"
PROJCS["WGS_84_UTM_zone_32N",GEOGCS["GCS_WGS_1984",DATUM["D_WGS84",SPHEROID["WGS84",6378137,298.257223563]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],UNIT["Degree",0.017453292519943295]],PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"],PARAMETER["latitude_of_origin",0],PARAMETER["central_meridian",9],PARAMETER["scale_factor",0.9996],PARAMETER["false_easting",500000],PARAMETER["false_northing",0],UNIT["Meter",1]]
END_DEFINE_PROJ

IMPORT FILENAME="D:\abc.KMZ"
LOAD_PROJECTION PROJ_NAME="UTM_ZONE30_WGS84"

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,114
    Hello,

The easiest way to work out how to import data in a script is to load the data into the Global Mapper UI, within the bounds that you want, and then create a workspace. A workspace file is actually a script file, so if you open it up in a text editor (such as NotePad), you can look through it to find an IMPORT command for the data set you want, and copy it to your script. 

Good luck!

Cheers,
    Bob