Global Mapper v25.0

Table of Contents not opening at all after update to Windows 10

Ok, so I came in today to find that IT remotely upgraded my OS to Windows 10 - and now GM won't open the table of contents.  I checked both in GM19 and in our old GM14 (both 64 bit), and neither of them will show the TOC.  The button will be clearly toggled, and the window will lose focus, but no TOC will open.  As you can imagine, this is problematic.

I thought maybe I lost the window on another screen or maybe it's hidden offscreen, so I cascaded the windows, and it's not there - it just isn't opening.  I've tried hotkeying it open as well and the same behavior occurs - it will act like the TOC was opened (showing the button toggled and losing focus) but no TOC opens.  It will do this same behavior whether or not data is loaded, on brand new workspaces or previously saved GMW files. 

Any help is appreciated, because this has basically shut down my workflow.

Answers

• basilbowman
    basilbowman Global Mapper User
    Update - uninstalling and reinstalling did not work.

Additionally, I noticed that now when I go to open a file that's hosted on a mapped network drive, GM can no longer 'see' mapped network drives.  No other program has this issue, and I can still see the servers going through the network - just not as a mapped drive. 
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

I am not sure what you mean by the Table of Contents, but I presume it is the Control Center. Here are a few registry changes you can try:
    1. Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Global Mapper, delete the four values that begin with "ControlCenter_" (ControlCenter_Height, etc.). I think this is more likely to help with Global Mapper 14 than Global Mapper 19.
    2. Delete the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Global Mapper\Settings
    3. Delete the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Global Mapper\Workspace
    With respect to Global Mapper not seeing mapped network drives, I assume that you started Global Mapper directly from the installer. When you do this, it starts up in a somewhat restricted environment, and cannot see mapped drives. All you should need to do is close Global Mapper and restart it.

Cheers,
    Bob