2-week trial request to NEXTMap for Global Mapper

LandskerLandsker Global Mapper UserPosts: 7
Hi,

I’m having problems with the Global Mapper Workspace file that had the password for the NEXTMap WMS files.  When I go to open this file, it wants the password entered, which has, of course, expired by now, so the rest of the file fails to load up.  I can’t seem to find a way to remove the NextMap layer from the workspace to let me use the information that is in the file.  At first, I simply created a new file, but now I need to access some information that is only on this file, and of course all the backup files have the same issue with loading this file.

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,114
    Hello,

It seems to me that if one layer fails, you should have the opportunity to just load the workspace without that layer. I suggest that you contact Blue Marble Support directly via email (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com). Please provide a copy of the workspace that they can use to reproduce the problem.

A workspace file is a plain text file, so you can edit it using Notepad (or your favorite text editor). The WMS should be loaded using an IMPORT_WMS command, which will be spread out over several lines. If you remove that entire command, the rest of your workspace should load up correctly. Be sure to back up your workspace before making these changes.

Cheers,
    Bob