CALC_VOLUME_BETWEEN_SURFACES appending CSV wrong

EllieEllie Global Mapper UserPosts: 29
Hi guys,

Missing something obvious here.

Have the following line in a bigger script:

'CALC_VOLUME_BETWEEN_SURFACES LAYER1_FILENAME=dem_files.gmc ' \
'LAYER2_FILENAME=base_files.gmc AREA_FILENAME=COVERED<sub>* ' \
'ADD_VOLUME_ATTRS=YES OUTPUT_FILENAME=%s'
(%s of course has the output file path for the csv; this is substituting fine.)

It looks like when it appends the volume info array to the resulting CSV, it, well, appends to the right instead of merging i.e. if it were an xyz file doing this it would look like this:
id,x,y,z,id,x,y,z,id,x,y,z ... 
id1,x1,y1,z1,id2,x2,y2,z2,id3,x3,y3,z3 ...

Version 21.0.2 b101519 63 64bit with LiDAR module. We've just bought a v21 licence, so will be checking out if it happens there on that version.

As it is, it's happening on every instance here. I can script around it, if absolutely necessary, but I'd really rather not.

Seems to only be occurring on script calls; it's responding fine when I use the GUI.

Answers

• EllieEllie Global Mapper User Posts: 29
    I can provide the resulting CSV by private means; am testing on client data so cannot just put it on the forum.

id,x,y,z,id,x,y,z,id,x,y,z ... 

EDIT: Headers do not repeat, but volumes still appending to the right without newline:

id,x,y,z,id

(just imagine that with <Feature Name>,<Feature Type>,TOTAL_VOLUME etc!)
    Looks like I was too quick off the mark both times - it's actually only giving the first result of the layer.
    Sorry! It's been a long day...
    Okay, I have updated Global Mapper to DailyBuild191120, which has not fixed the problem.
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,081
    Hello Ellie,

I suggest that you contact Blue Marble Support directly via email (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com) so they can take a look at this issue. Please provided a script and some data that will reproduce the problem. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Bob