Differences between versions of GlobalMapper

Hello, 
I have both GlobalMapper 21 and 16.2 installed on my PC.
When importing most files into version 16.2 the projection is read automatically, I mean pretty much any file type and any style, Even DXF files that I have exported from 12d as MGA Zone 56 files will read in the projection in 16.2
Ive finally migrated across to version 21 and any file I attempt to read in refuses to read the projection data associated with them.
This is all file types SHP files, DXF files, KML files, 

Is there a setting that I am missing in the newest version that must be turned on in the older version that alllows Global Mapper to read projection information of files?

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,101
    Hello,

Global Mapper 21 should be reading projection information during imports, as long as it is available. DXF files don't contain projection information, but if there is a PRJ file with the same name, Global Mapper should be using that. Most SHP file sets include a PRJ file, which Global Mapper will read, but if it is not there, the projection cannot be determined.

I suggest that you contact Blue Marble Support directly via email (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com) about this issue. Please include a detailed description of your workflow, including screen captures of any options screens that are involved.

Cheers,
    Bob