Add arrow to a line

skkskk Global Mapper UserPosts: 7
I need to draw airways for which arrow needs to be added to decide the direction of the airway. I am drawing the airways by importing sequence of points.  Unable to insert arrows to describe the direction. Each segment has a direction (forward or backward) based on which I need to draw the arrow.  Any help....Connected to this, when i import line features between set of points, these lines are shown as straight lines. I need them to be great circles... what setting is required ? Thanks in anticipation.

Answers

• tikhpetrtikhpetr Posts: 18
    Create sequentially in directions from the points of the polyline. For polylines in Global Mapper there are suitable signs.
    Ups!...
    Unzip the folder and paste images from it
    1.png 106.8K
  • Ice Age MarkIce Age Mark Global Mapper User Posts: 309Trusted User
    Hello,

https://www.bluemarblegeo.com/knowledgebase/global-mapper-18-2/feature_types/Built-in_Lines.html

Go to the bottom of this page.  4th and 5th up from the bottom is "Solid with Arrow Pointing to Start" and "Solid with Arrow Pointing to End".  Is that what you need?  Choose them from the "Select Line Style" dialog that says "Solid" by default.

Mark
    Hello,

https://www.bluemarblegeo.com/knowledgebase/global-mapper-18-2/feature_types/Built-in_Lines.html

Go to the bottom of this page.  4th and 5th up from the bottom is "Solid with Arrow Pointing to Start" and "Solid with Arrow Pointing to End".  Is that what you need?  Choose them from the "Select Line Style" dialog that says "Solid" by default.

Mark
    As I understand, The TS has a point, not a polyline.
  • skkskk Global Mapper User Posts: 7
    i have data in ASCII text file like as below
    A    N12/56/23.5      E078/34/11.2     
    B    N13/06/43.8      E079/22/51.3     (FORWARD)
    C   N13/45/34.5      E080/17/22.6      (BACKWARD)

I have airways with thousands of strings (defined by two end fixes) each of which has predefined direction : forward or backward... Given this extra information can the line automatically insert arrow (forward or backward) by picking up this information between each pair of points.. can this be set as an attribute
  • Ice Age MarkIce Age Mark Global Mapper User Posts: 309Trusted User
    I don't see why "backward" or "forward" couldn't be used as an attribute.  Then you could use a conditional function to assign either line type accordingly.  It would take some clever scripting, but I think it would be do-able.
  • skkskk Global Mapper User Posts: 7
    So very grateful for the reply, Mark...
    Though, not familiar with writing script, it would be a good opportunity to try hands on it to learn the basics and great if atleast this could be solved. Would help drastically in adding meaning (direction)  to the worldwide airway network.