Global Mapper 21 locking up when toggling vector files with large raster datasets

I am having major issues with the newest version of GM 21 locking up when loading large raster datasets along with vector files (tile indexes, seamlines, etc).  I am OK with it taking the initial 1-30 minutes to import 500-2000 or more images but it also seems to try to completely re-render the imagery when initially turning the loaded tile index (or any other vector file) on or off which causes it to lock up for an additional 1-30 minutes or more.  This is a huge issue that we have not experienced before but is causing major slowdowns in our office when using GM 21 to QC, draw seams, digitize, etc.  It seems like the new control center ordering and functionality may be the culprit because of other small things that are different but have no way of knowing.

Answers

• currysoncurryson Posts: 2
    Just did another test with 1100 1gb raster tiles... no issues toggling vector layer in GM 20 or previous but GM 21 has been locked up for 45 minutes so far just trying to turn tile index off after importing.
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,061
    Hello,

I suggest that you contact Blue Marble Support directly via email (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com) to address this issue. Please provide a detailed description of your workflow, and the kind of data you are using. Sending 1100 raster tiles is not practical, but if the support folks know what type of data you are using, they will have a better chance to reproduce the problem and find a solution. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Bob