Global Mapper v25.0

GM 20.1 not opening any supported file.

Hii

I have encountered my first and serious problem . When I try to load any vector or raster data, it doesn't open it. It asks to "Select Overlay Type"  with the following message.

Now, if I am opening shapefile and selecting the Shapefile from drop down list above, it doesn't opens it. :s:(:(:(

It gives the following error.

Anybody, Please help. I am using Windows 10 Home.

However, it opens any such file that lies in recent list. 
  Thanks in advance.

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

Are you opening the file using the File | Open Data Files... menu item or drag-and-drop?
    Can you post an example file path that can not be opened?

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Yes 
    It's working in drag & drop, but not using File | Open Data Files...

• bmg_bob
    Hello,

What kind of file is that? What software produced it? Some of the other file names make me think that it is supposed to have a ".tif" extension, but it is hard to tell for sure.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • yup...its .tif file ---  however following the File | Open Data Files... procedure it doesn't opens shapefile  too
  • bmg_bob
    yup...its .tif file ---  however following the File | Open Data Files... procedure it doesn't opens shapefile  too
    Can you post a shapefile that can not be opened (.shp and all related files in a ZIP archive)? Thanks.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Find attachment.

Regards
  • bmg_bob
    Hello,

I was able to open both of the files you posted using bot the File | Open Data File... menu item and drag-and-drop.

What is the full path to those files on your computer when you use the Open File Data... menu?

Cheers,
    Bob
  • C:\Users\spsin\Desktop\VB_KOSI PROJECT\SHP\India.shp
  • bmg_bob
    Hello,

I have not been able to reproduce that problem. Are all of the component files that make up the shapefile (.shp, .shx, etc.) in the same folder?

You may want to try contacting Blue Marble Support directly via email (geohelp@bluelmarblegeo.com). 

Cheers,
    Bob