Select line/vertex in 3D view

Hi,

I feel like I must be missing something, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.  In 3D view am I not able to select lines and or vertexes??  In 3D view, I click the digitizer tool, and try to click on a line just like I would do in 2D view, but nothing happens.  I can't select the line.  I need this to select vertexes that have the wrong elevation in a few lines and remove them.  The wrong elevations can't be seen from 2D view.

Thanks

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,026
    Hello,

Using Global Mapper v20.1.2 (b051919) [64-bit] [+LIDAR] - REGISTERED, I am able to select lines and vertices in the 3D viewer. With the 3D Digitizer selected, when the mouse cursor moves over a feature, it changes color, and a left-click selects the feature. Hold down the V button while doing this to select a vertex. Is this what you are doing? What version of Global Mapper are you using?

Cheers,
    Bob

• jetdog6jetdog6 Posts: 6
    I'm using V20.0.  The giff below shows me attempting to left click on the lines in 3D view.

Holding down V switches between "mouse movement locked to vertical" and back again continuously on mine.  Thanks for the help
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,026
    Hello,

Improvements to the editing functionality in the 3D Viewer have been ongoing. I don't remember exactly when selection of lines and vertices was added, but it looks like it was in 20.1.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • JeffH@BMGJeffH@BMG Global Mapper Developer Posts: 324Trusted User
    Hi folks,

The ability to be able to select vector data has been in Global Mapper since at least v17.0, including the ability to select specific feature types via a key modifier (i.e., 'L' for lines, 'A' for areas, etc.). Unfortunately, because 'V' is used for locking the 3D display to vertical movements, we use a selection modifier key of 'P' to force selection to choose only point data. So try that, and see if it helps.

Best regards,

~Jeff