When downloading from source to external drive freezes but not on internal drive...

Hi All,
I bought the latest version of 20.1 and trying to download. I first started filling my drive so I switched to external drive. But odd behavior of sometimes it starts then stops and other times I do not see speed of download indicator but says it is downloading.but when I check the destination folder I see no change in size as it says it is downloading. I did notice on an older version of windows 10 professional that it looked as if it was downloading to a temp folder but it worried me because the C drive was not where I wanted it since it was smaller.
I also ended up disabling my virus scan since that seemed to conflict with Global Mapper Downloads.

So any recommendations? I bought it to download elevation data but so many issues not sure what to do.

Thanks!

Answers

• adanecitoadanecito Posts: 4
    Ok I am working on settings for my external drive hopefully that solves the problem for the drive to stay powered up.
    Ok the drive is set to stay on but Global Mapper memory usage continues to grow so far went from 300MB to over 1.3GB I have up to maybe 10GB before I think my laptop will crash so maybe Global Mapper will limit itself.
    I will let it run for several hours to see what happens.
    Except for some sort of error regarding the download it is still working. I was able to continue the download but not sure if it retried and was ok or if there will be issues when the download is done.